There’s some Fab news for the sector this week!
Interlink congratulates all those who worked so hard to secure these assets for on-going community use as cabinet approves the granting of LEASES to:
- Cylch Meithrin Tynewydd for the former Treherbert Community Education Centre.
- Maerdy neighbourhood learning and prosperity hub for Maerdy Library.
- Beddau and Tynant Library Community Support Group
Cerys Warren of the Cylch Meithrin Tynewydd was delighted to have been selected as the preferred option, with Paul Russell stating that the decision will benefit the people of Treherbert.
Greenstream Flooring CIC wins 3 National Awards and is shortlisted for a fourth!
The prestigious Deloitte Social Innovation Pioneer Programme is providing a package of unique skills over a year and beyond to support Greenstreams growth whilst WRAP’s (the Waste Resource Action Programme) REBus programme is providing innovation support. Greenstream have also picked up Re-use Member of The Year at The Carpet Recycling UK awards and next week it is attending the MRW National Recycling Awards in London where it has been shortlisted in the Resource Management Business of the Year category. Well done to Ellen and all the Greenstream team! J
STOP PRESS – INTERMEDIATE CARE FUND FUNDING SURGERY MON 30TH JUNE A specific funding surgery in relation to this opportunity is being held from 9.30 am and 12.30 pm @ Interlink. Contact Kath Price on 01443 846200 to book. We also have a limited number of places left on the Health & Safety course TOMORROW! 09.30am – 3pm.Contact 01443 846200, or e.mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding & Awards – for more visit the ‘Getting Money’ page…
- The Intermediate Care Fund is available within Cwm Taf and is open to Voluntary and Community organisations who wish to deliver a project that benefits older people (65+), or their families and carers. 4th July
- Guardian Charity Awards seek to recognise and encourage small and medium-sized charities that are improving social wellbeing – £5,000 prize fund, an iPad mini, one year’s free NCVO membership and a tailored package of support from the FSI and Media Trust: Deadline 25 July
- Freemasons’ Grand Charity: Hospice services in England and Wales that receive 60 per cent or less of their funding from the NHS can apply towards operating costs of hospice services Deadline 25th July
- People’s Postcode Lottery awards extra £2m to 40 charities: The People’s Postcode Lottery will award an extra £2m to the 40 charities it supports after an increase in players left it with uncommitted income.
- The David Canter Memorial Fund: Grants to those working in the crafts for special projects, travel for specific research and for educational work. Deadline 26 Sept
- Adam Reynolds Memorial Bursary: The Bursary provides an opportunity for disabled or deaf artists to develop their ideas and practice without pressure to deliver a particular outcome. Deadline 11 Aug
Tenders: (see training & events for procurement training)
- Marketing & Publicity Services for ESF Project “Minorities Are Wales Resources II”
Swansea YMCA Deadline Date: 04/07/2014
- Evaluation of project – Minorities Are Wales Resources II Swansea YMC Deadline 4/7
ERDF Support for Businesses Evaluation Welsh Government Deadline: 14/07/2014
- Accelerated Growth Programme Welsh Government – Prior Information Notice
- SELLING TO RHONDDA CYNON TAFF CBC GUIDE: This guide aims to help potential suppliers, providers and contractors understand how Rhondda Cynon Taff CBC currently buys goods, services and works and help them to increase their chances of finding out about opportunities and bidding for work.
- Free training on “an introduction on how to tender” is available at locations throughout Wales & WCVA also has produced information sheets about contracts and tendering.
Opportunities & Requests
- Interlink are again offering third sector organisations a space at the Interlink 3rd Sector stand as part of the Well-being Zone @ the Big Bite Event , Ynysangharad War Memorial Park 2nd & 3rd Aug. Contact email@example.com for more info and to book a slot.
- Computer Recyclers refurbish computers and can offer recycled PCs for £99 PC and laptops for £169 with Windows 7 Pro, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Live Essentials. All the computers are tested and the scheme has been approved by Microsoft. For more information contact Marcus on 01443 434675
Current Consultations & Consultation Events:
- Big Lottery Fund consultation on help communities and people in need 2015 – 2021.
Feed in to the process go to the an online platform where you can give us your views as part of an open and informal discussion.
- DECC consultation on support for community energy projects under the Feed-in Tariffs Scheme Deadline 7 July
- Consultation on the Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020: The Welsh Government is inviting comments on the proposed programme strategy, priority axes, investment priorities and types of actions. Deadline 31 July 2014 to
- Pen Y Cymoedd Community Fund:The deadline to submit your ideas or projects to the community fund is fast approaching and the final theme, ‘creating local jobs, boosting the economy and connections’ is now open. Deadline 31st August
- Water Strategy for Wales Give your views and help to ensure that our water resource is resilient, sustainable and is managed to bring benefits to Wales and its citizens. Deadline: 04/07/2014
- CISWO Accounts Assistant: Salary £21,315- 25,077 Developing an expanding client base delivering affordable accountancy services to voluntary sector organisations throughout South Wales. The ideal candidate will be AAT or ACCA part qualified and have practice experience. For more info contact Rhys Williams on 01443 485233. Deadline 27th June
- Growing Ambitions Morgan Cole are running their work placement scheme for students aged 15-1g giving young people the chance to spend a week at one of Morgan Coles offices to gain vital work experience and learn more about the world of business, law, IT & marketing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th June
- Glyncoch: Sessional Livelihoods Support Worker: Families of Primary School Aged Children, £12.94 phr – 15 hours per week for 6 weeks. Contact email@example.com (01443 486496) Deadline 7th July:
- Cardiff University is working in conjunction with Santander and local enterprises to offer paid internships to 2nd years, finalists and graduates. For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal Support from Law works: Law Works are looking for community groups who may be interested in receiving on-going advice and support from one of their volunteer lawyers. Contact email@example.com for info
- The Federation of City Farm and Community Gardens are looking for looking for people to act as mentors to participate in a Welsh mentoring network.. To read more about this and to fill in the survey click here.
- Skills Cymru interactive careers and skills event MOTORPOINT ARENA, CARDIFF, Wed 22 Oct & Thurs 23 Oct 2014
- The Young Recruits Programme is an all Wales programme that provides financial support to employers offering high quality apprenticeship programmes to recruit and train additional young apprentices (16-24 year olds)
- For more sector jobs see recruit3, and Network Jobs and for help & support you’re your search see Jobs Growth Wales & Careers Wales or contact your local job club.
- Inside Job Recruitment – An Open Door To Your Future: a new social enterprise, based in Wales and working primarily in the Welsh prisons and others where men and women from Wales are incarcerated. We offer a professional bespoke employment service to our clients.
- The Wales Volunteering Conference – Shaping the volunteering landscape: 1st July, Cardiff.
- The Future of Local Energy Generation & Distribution in Wales; 2nd July, Cardiff. Exploring the opportunity for Wales to develop its own transformation in community-owned energy. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 078822 18732 to book.
- Brighter Futures Day Seminar and Have HeART Shop Project Launch: explore how we can ensure brighter futures for our young people experiencing disadvantage through positive engagement with the arts and creative industries Wednesday, 2 July
- European Structural and Investment Funds 14-20: Opportunities for the third sector – 8 July, Llanelli; 9 July, Cardiff; 10 July, Llandudno
- ADVICE & SUPPORT BREAKFAST FOR COMMUNITY GROUPS Networking Breakfast. 10th July. Glyncoch. Contact email@example.com or 01443 486496
- the ‘Economy We Want’: Discussions will look at the forthcoming ‘Green Economy prospectus’ and linked to the Future Generations Bill which will be laid before Assembly in early July and will look to establish the long-term goals for Wales. 15 July, Cardiff. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June
- BUILDING YOUR CASE FOR SUPPORT & MAXIMISING GIFT AID (full day), CARDIFF
Wednesday 16th JULY 2014 £60 members £70 Non-Members (includes lunch)
- NH2 Creative Design – Launch Party invite: Thursday, 17 July, Aberdare. NH2 Creative Design is a new web development and graphic design social enterprise established by New Horizons Mental Health charity
- HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN CORPORATE FUNDRAISING, CARDIFF 22nd JULY £30 /£35
- Promoting Energy Efficiency: 30th July, Cardiff. For more information call 01452 833 601
- Social Saturday 13th Sept A day to celebrate and raise awareness of social enterprise and to encourage people at home (and work) to unleash their spending power and buy social.
- INFORMATION DAY – Financing opportunities for Environment and Climate Action. EU LIFE programme 2014 – 2020. Thursday, 3 July Cardiff, United Kingdom
- COMMUNITY FUNDRAISING, CARDIFF 8th OCTOBER £30 Members £35 Non-Members