Unlock your Career Potential
Fully Funded Career Development Programmes for Women across Wales
Chwarae Teg is pleased to announce its second programme, Agile Nation 2, to support women working in key priority sectors.
- Are you employed and looking to progress into a supervisory or team leader position?
- Do you want to develop your skills and your thinking with like minded women?
- Do you have the energy, drive and commitment to complete an accredited management qualification?
- Do you work in one of the priority areas listed below?
If so this programme is ideal for you!
This comprehensive career development programme involves:
Getting to know you and creating a tailored personal development plan just for you
Individual advice, support and guidance from our dedicated and experienced team to develop your aspirations and achieve your goals
Training to gain a management qualification accredited by ILM
A choice of additional bite sized learning opportunities to help you achieve even more!
Opportunities to meet, share and learn from inspirational women in Wales
Who is this programme for?
The programme is designed for women from all backgrounds, ages and stages to gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to support their confidence and development in the workplace. Ideally you’ll be an aspiring team leader or you may have taken the first step into managing a team.
Agile Nation 2 is funded by the European Social Fund and Welsh Government and is aimed at women working in Wales key growth sectors including:
Information and Communication Technology
Food and Farming
Energy and Environment Tourism
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Construction
Creative Industries Life Sciences
Financial and Professional Services
If you are unsure if you work place fits into one of these categories please feel free to email us
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 0300 365 0445
What does the ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) accredited training element of the programme look like?
This part of the programme covers the following areas:
Understanding the role as a team leader
- your organisation, it’s vision, mission and your role within it
- your objectives and how they link into the business planning cycle of the organisation
- identify any areas for development
Understanding effective teams and developing the work team
- the nature of teams
- the advantages and disadvantages of team working
- importance of effective communication
- different methods of communication
- importance of maintaining accurate records of communication
Developing yourself as a team leader
- understand the role and responsibilities of the team leader
- be able to seek feedback on their workplace performance to identify strengthens and areas for development
Reviewing and reflecting on your learning
- using your learning to identify opportunities for future development
- implementing your new skills back in the workplace
- action planning for personal and professional development
What is the time commitment?
The training element of the programme involves 5-6 days out of your work place plus any additional time for the assignments and development work you choose to do. You might want to speak to your employer about this. Remember also to mention the benefits of this programme to them: additional management skills in the work place, work based projects and of course there is no charge to them or you for this programme!
I’m interested what do I do now?
Demand for places is high and we only have 15 places per programme. Please visit the website and apply on-line today:
We have programmes running in the following areas from the end of September: Bridgend, Pembrokeshire, Colwyn Bay, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Denbighshire, Cardiff, Swansea and Newport. If you would like any further information about this great opportunity please feel free to contact me.
Andrew Reed: email@example.com 07807 014227