Rowan Tree Cancer Care for Trustees and Chairperson on the Management Committee.
Rowan Tree Cancer Care is a local community based charity which has been in existence since March 2000. The charity provides emotional and practical support to families whose lives are touched by cancer living in the Valleys of Rhondda Cynon Taff.
The charity is made up of 11 staff supported by 152 volunteers, all of whom have been touched by cancer.
The Cancer Centre is based in Mountain Ash with outreach venues based in GP Practices throughout the Valley. The charity has received the Macmillan Quality Environment Mark for its excellent facilities and services to families. Also the prestigious award for Best Social Enterprise in Wales which was presented at Miskin Manor by Coal Field Regeneration Trust in 2015.
Trustee Role Description and Person Profile
- Main Role – to contribute your knowledge and experience to ensuring RTCC provides excellent support services to its clients and ensure effective governance of the organisation and its resources.
- Purpose – to put in place effective governance arrangements that support the development of RTCC in providing vital support services for our clients.
- Obligations – to prepare for, and attend and take part in meetings of the Management Committee, attending at least 4 meetings on an annual basis, at least 2 meetings every 6 months and to give apologies for all meetings you are unable to attend.
- To work within the RTCC policies and procedures and follow the seven Nolan Principles of public life, the Code of Governance, and Charity Commission guidance for trustees.
- To develop robust governess arrangements and structure.
- To ensure a regular review of all significant risks to the organisation.
- Knowledge of interest in the role of the voluntary sector in RCT.
- A willingness to put in place effective governance arrangements.
- An understanding of strategic business and financial management.
Rowan Tree Cancer care also has a vacancy for Chairperson.
If you are interested in the above vacancies, please apply in writing by April 5th 2016 to Rhian Dash, Chief Executive Officer, Rowan Tree Cancer Care, 58/60 Commercial Street, Mountain Ash CF45 3PW e-mail. email@example.com