ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Although the funding priorities for TWF are the Environment and World Development, the original founders of the Foundation live and work in Wales. To support our local community, we have allocated funding to three important issues:
Applications are open: Until the end of November 2016, for allocation in early 2017; Until the end of March 2017, for allocation in late 2017 and; Until the end of July 2017, for allocation in late 2017.
Why we want to help:
The 2011 Census showed that the number of people providing unpaid care for disabled, sick or elderly relatives and loved ones has risen substantially in the last decade. It reveals Wales still has the highest percentage of residents who are providing care compared with any region in England and Wales.1
What we will support:
The Caring Wales funding programme is open to applications from organisations working to support unpaid carers, especially young carers and carers of people with the conditions prioritised in our Child Development research fund. The strongest applications to this fund have been from organisations that:
- provide a range of carer-centred support services,
- demonstrate strong links with other projects, interventions, organisations and services to ensure a holistic family support approach,
- are outcomes-focused, and can measure and evaluate changes to their beneficiaries’ circumstances using meaningful monitoring methods
- ensure participation of service users in shaping their services,
- reach a substantial number of individuals, whilst:
- proactively identifying and working with the most isolated and vulnerable carers, and
- offering sufficient and meaningful levels of support.
Click here for projects supported under Caring Wales.
Data released in early December 2012 reveals that the number of carers increased from 5.2 million to 5.8 million in England and Wales between 2001 and 2011. The greatest rise has been among those providing over 20 hours care – the point at which caring starts to significantly impact on the health and wellbeing of the carer, and their ability to hold down paid employment alongside their caring responsibilities.
WHY NOT GET HELP WITH YOUR APPLICATION FROM INTERLINK? WE HAVE LOTS OF PEOPLE HERE TO HELP YOU WITH THIS APPLICATION: CALL 01443 846200