Please take part in the Suicide Prevention Consultation on the following link:
http://senedd.assembly.wales/mgConsultationDisplay.aspx?ID=278 The deadline for responses is 8 December 2017.
Please send your views to: SeneddHealth@assembly.wales
The Health, Social Care and Sport Committee would welcome your views on the extent of the problem of suicide in Wales
Terms of reference:
The Committee is calling for evidence about:
- The extent of the problem of suicide in Wales and evidence for its causes – including numbers of people dying by suicide, trends and patterns in the incidence of suicide; vulnerability of particular groups; risk factors influencing suicidal behaviour.
- The social and economic impact of suicide.
- The effectiveness of the Welsh Government’s approach to suicide prevention – including the suicide prevention strategy Talk to me 2 and its impact at the local, regional and national levels; the effectiveness of multi-agency approaches to suicide prevention; public awareness campaigns; reducing access to the means of suicide.
- The contribution of the range of public services to suicide prevention, and mental health services in particular.
- The contribution of local communities and civil society to suicide prevention.
- Other relevant Welsh Government strategies and initiatives – for example Together for Mental Health, data collection, policies relating to community resilience and safety.
- Innovative approaches to suicide prevention.