Projects & Events Administrator
Post Title: Projects & Events Administrator
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 pro rata
Hours: 30 hours per week (flexible working)
Start-Date: February/March 2018
Location: Baltic House, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff Bay CF10 5FH
Line-Management: Marketing Manager
Cynnal Cymru – Sustain Wales is the national charity for sustainable development in Wales, based in Cardiff Bay. We are a membership organisation and work closely with our members to deliver projects and run campaigns with the aim of making a more sustainable, low carbon society.
We provide secretariat support to clients, we organise large and small events and manage a low-carbon summer school for 30-40 Chinese students every summer. We are also the Accrediting Body for the Living Wage in Wales and work with a number of our members on the resilient community agenda.
Cynnal Cymru requires a dynamic and flexible skilled Projects & Events Administrator to join our small team to run a number of activities.
This is a key post to ensure the delivery of secretariat functions, projects and events support for Cynnal Cymru. Priorities also include managing the administration of the Living Wage in Wales work and to plan and manage the two-week summer school in August.
This post will also provide administrative support for the Board and Director. Cynnal Cymru is a bilingual organisation and an ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh is essential.
The Projects & Events Administrator will work under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing Manager. We are looking for a candidate who has excellent organisational skills, digital literacy, who takes initiative and has experience in office support and project roles.
- Support and deliver Cynnal Cymru campaigns, events and projects.
- Organise and deliver events and conferences for Cynnal Cymru and clients.
- Organise and deliver a summer school programme for international students in August.
- Deliver the Living Wage in Wales engagement and administration tasks.
- Take minutes and provide secretarial support to various projects and groups.
- Provide office administration and project support for Cynnal Cymru and the Director.
- Co-ordinate and respond to all enquiries from staff, customers, members, stakeholders and the media.
- Support the marketing manager with marketing and communications activities.
- Support the team with funding applications.
- Support the organisation of the Company AGM and board elections.
This is a flexible role but full-time commitment is expected for the two-week summer school (early August) and for some events.
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Experience of planning and running projects and events
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM packages
- Experience of minute taking
- Excellent telephone, written and verbal communications skills
- Welsh language (good level of verbal and written skills)
- A self-starter who is able to work on their own initiative
- Able to work well independently and as part of a small team
- Strong inter-personal skills with an ability to network effectively
- Ability to manage workload and hit deadlines
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience of using social media/digital platforms
- Knowledge and background in sustainability
- Experience in updating website content, digital newsletters and online booking tools
- Experience of working with and overseeing different stakeholder groups
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2018 (6pm)
Interview: 18 January 2018
For more information please contact Lynsey Jackson, Marketing Manager, Lynsey@cynnalcymru.com