CYM434 Reflect Worker (PW3) (37HPW) x2 Posts, Reflect Service
Job Ref: CYM434
Based: To be confirmed subject to particular Locality you will be working across; Cardiff and the Vale Locality, Valleys and Specialists Locality, Western Bay Locality, South East Wales Locality,
Full Time: 37 hours per week
Salary: £27676 – £31906 p.a.
The Reflect service delivers intensive, long term support to women and their partners that have had one or more children removed from their care. The service offers practical, social and therapeutic support with a focus on the development of new skills and taking positive steps for the future.
The purpose of the job is to offer direct support to women helping them achieve positive change in their lives. You will be supporting women and their partners to avoid further pregnancies that could lead to care proceedings and removal of their children.
Your initial Specific Responsibilities will be:
– Utilise effective communication skills to engage women, build collaborative relationships and ensure their views are included in their plan.
– Gather, analyse, evaluate and summarise information from women and other agencies to undertake a holistic assessment of the women¿s needs.
– Assist women to establish goals in an open and participative way.
– To assist women in identifying strengths, resources and support networks to achieve change
– To plan and deliver intensive evidence based interventions with women to modify harmful patterns of behaviour, in order to reduce risks and achieve positive outcomes for women.
– To raise the need for contraception and liaise with sexual health professionals to access appropriate services
– Enable service users to participate in the evaluation and development of the service.
The successful post holder will have:
– Direct experience of providing support to women
– A willingness to provide support outside of normal working hours.
Although not essential it is desirable that you are suitably qualified – i.e. Degree in Social Work, DipSw, CQSW or CSS, Nursing Qualification, therapeutic or counselling DIPS or equivalent.
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to funding until 31st March 2020 and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.
Please note the deadline for applications is 12 noon on the closing date.
We believe in embracing equality diversity and inclusion
Pre-employment Checks: Any Employment with Barnardo’s will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
– Receipt of References satisfactory to Barnardo’s.
– A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (if applicable to the role)
– If you have been living/travelling outside of the UK for 6 months or more a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC) will be required if applicable to the role
It is also very important when filling in the reference section of the application form that you ensure that you supply the referee details of all your employment experience covering the last five years, please use an extra A4 sheet if required. Please also indicate any gaps of employment in the appropriate section.
If you wish to download your application form and send it via the Royal Mail or deliver by hand please send to Cymru People Team, Barnardo’s Cymru, Trident Court, East Moors Road, Cardiff CF24 5TD. Tel: 029 20493387 Or email hrrecruitCYMRU@barnardos.org.uk
FOR QUERIES RELATING TO THIS VACANCY PLEASE CALL 02920 493 387.
Please note we can only receive application forms in Word or PDF format; please do not attach application forms via SkyDrive. (CV’s are accepted to support your application form ONLY).
To apply, please return the completed application form by email to the address below, quoting the job ref CYM434 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 09/02/2018