RHONDDA INTEGRATED SUBSTANCE MISUSE SERVICE (RISMS)
RELAPSE PREVENTION WORKER
Title: Relapse Prevention Worker (RISMS)
Purpose: To provide a relapse prevention service for substance misusers open to the multi agency RISMS team.
Accountable to: Manager of TEDS
Day to day accountability: Team Manager in RISMS
Salary: Starting at £20500
Base: The project is based at RISMS but work is required throughout the Rhondda area.
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week – flexible. Work may be required outside office hours for which a ‘time off in lieu’ policy operates.
Annual Leave: 30 days per year plus Bank Holidays, increasing to 35 days after 5 years employment.
Travel: Own transport and current driving licence essential. Expenses will be paid for travel away from base (currently 45p per mile).
Security: A DBS check will be undertaken.
1. To assess individual service user needs, identify goals, agree care plans and review progress.
2 To provide a full range of relapse prevention interventions to substance misusers in the Rhondda.
3.To facilitate and deliver a variety of service user groups as identified and appropriate.
4.To liaise closely with other members of specialist teams.
5. To liaise with other agencies to develop opportunities for intervention and promote TEDS and RISMS services.
6. To raise the issues of substance misuse and related problems in an educational and informative way, encouraging involvement in primary prevention and safer practices.
7. To keep accurate, up to date, records relating to the service users’ care, including the completion of the Treatment Outcome Profile (TOP).
8. To perform appropriate administrative tasks.
9. To ensure the undertaking of appropriate monitoring and review procedures.
10. To take part in supervision and training and participate in all relevant meetings.
11. To undertake other reasonable duties as requested, but which may not be specified within this job description.
In consultation with the post holder, this job description is liable to variation to reflect actual, contemplated or approved changes in or to the job.
For more information contact TEDS on (01685) 880090 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org