|Welsh Youth Parliament|
|We are thrilled to contact you to let you know that the National Assembly for Wales is establishing a Welsh Youth Parliament and voter registration for the Welsh Youth Parliament elections in November is now LIVE!
The Welsh Youth Parliament will be made up of 60 Welsh Youth Parliament Members and it will give Wales’ young people aged between 11 and 18 a completely new way to make themselves heard at a national level. It will empower them to raise awareness of, and debate the issues important to young people in Wales.
All information about how to register to vote, becoming a candidate, the election and guidance for all of the above is available on the website www.youthparliament.wales.
From the 60 Welsh Youth Parliament Members that will represent the Welsh Youth Parliament, 40 will be elected First Past the Post, through an electronic voting system in each of the 40 electoral constituencies in Wales. 20 of the 60 Welsh Youth Parliament Members will be returned by partner organisations to ensure the representation of diverse groups of young people. 10 organisations will be selected following an application process and each organisation will return two young people who are eligible to stand as Welsh Youth Parliament Members. All 60 Members will have equal status with the same role and responsibilities.
This is your opportunity to become an official Welsh Youth Parliament partner! Please find a link to the Welsh Youth Parliament website which has all the guidance related to becoming a partner organisation, and the application form. The closing date for applications is 2 July. If you have any questions or require any support, please contact us at email@example.com.
Welsh Youth Parliament Key Dates
There are many ways you can help promote, increase interest and turnout in your local area.
1. You may wish to consider making this part of any activities you are planning with your young people and to encourage them to take part in the first ever online elections in November. Resources for you or your young people to use are available online. These include:
· Information slides
· Information booklets
· Infographics ( to promote through your social media sites and website)
To request hard copy materials, including posters and information cards please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you wish to arrange a visit to the Assembly or for us to visit you and present information about this opportunity please contact 0300 200 6565.
Train the trainer
We are also organising a series of training events for professionals to learn more about the opportunities offered by the Welsh Youth Parliament. Dates and times can be found below:
· Wednesday 13 June 2018 – National Library for Wales, Ystafell y Cyngor/ Council Room, Aberystwyth, Penglais Road, SY23 3BU
· Friday 15 June 2018 – National Assembly for Wales, Princes’s Drive, Colwyn Bay, LL29 8PL
To book, please ring 0300 200 6565 or email email@example.com.