The Taff Ely Wind Farm Community Fund operated by Ventient Energy Limited has invested over £40,000 into local activities and projects in communities surrounding the site since 2001. The annual fund of £2,500 is available throughout the operational life of the wind farm.
The Taff Ely Wind Farm Community Fund is administered by Interlink RCT the umbrella body for all local community and voluntary groups in RCT. To find out more about the fund please contact Interlink RCT on 01443 846200.
Who Can Apply?
The fund is available to any community group within the area of benefit including
- Gilfach Goch
- Heol Y Cyw.
To support their aims and objectives, recruit new members, involve more people from the community and help to develop. Only one application per group.
Ventient Energy Limited is one of the largest generators of onshore wind in the UK following the merger of Zypher and Infinis wind and is owned by institutional investors.
What will the scheme fund?
The scheme will fund the purchase of capital items and help with the running costs of your group up to £500. Examples of this might include play equipment, IT equipment, stationery, phone and broadband connections, training, the cost of a community event or visit. The fund can be used as match funding towards other sources of funding for a larger project.
Grants may be awarded for capital or revenue up to a maximum of £500.
Applications for the Fund need to be received by 16th August 2018
How will my application be assessed?
- Is the applicant a small local voluntary or community group?
- How the project will benefit your group?
- How will the project benefit your community and are the benefits clear?
- Will the project help your group to encourage new members and involve more people from the community?
- Is the project value for money? How many quotes have been sought?
- Is there a clear timescale for the project and use of the funding?
- Is the group a member of Interlink?
What are the terms and conditions of the grants?
If your application is successful, you will be offered a grant subject to accepting the conditions in the offer letter and:
· You have a dedicated bank account for your community group or organisation
· You will have to nominate authorised signatories before the grant can be claimed
· You will need to provide Interlink with copies of receipts
· We may visit you to monitor the progress or success of your project.
What important dates do I need to know? TBC
- Deadline for funding applications 16th August 2018
- Groups will be notified of the decision by Monday 3rd September 2018
- Signed grant offer letters need to be received by 21st Sept 2018
- Projects can be delivered between 01st Oct 2018 – 1st 2nd March 2019
- Final project reports need to be completed by 30th March 2019
Any group not submitting a final report will be ineligible for future rounds
For more information on the fund contact Interlink:
Any questions relating to your application should be addressed to one of the Interlink Development Officers, Ken Moon or Joanna Markham on 01443 846200 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.