Trustees Week 2018
What are you doing to celebrate Trustees’ Week in Wales?
Trustees’ Week 2018 takes place from the 12 – 16 November
Trustees’ Week is an annual event to showcase the great work that trustees do and highlight opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference.
Trustees’ Week is also a great opportunity to thank trustees. They give their time voluntarily and make an enormous contribution to third sector organisations in Wales.
Events will be taking place across Wales and you can find out more about what’s happening on the WCVA website
How to get involved
· Take the time to thank your trustees for their contribution
· Attend one of the local or national events that will be happening during the week
· Use the hashtag #trusteesweek to join the discussion on social media
· Take the opportunity to advertise any trustee vacancies you may have
Here are some interesting statistics about trustees from the Charity Commission:
· There are around 850,000 trustees in England and Wales
· 93% of trustees say the role is important or very important to them
· 70% of trustees volunteer for smaller charities
· The estimated value of trustee time is £3.5 billion a year
· 86,000 trustee roles are held by 16 to 34-year-olds
The majority (92%) of trustees are white, older and above average income and education, so there is a need to increase the diversity of trustees and recruit people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
Perhaps you could become a trustee? Watch this short video to find out more, Being a Trustee, and get in touch with us at Interlink to find out about opportunities on 01443 846200