Are you ready for a new challenge? Do you have interest in working with children, young people and their families within Social Care?
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join Barnardo’s as a Reflect Practitioner to join our Rhondda Cynon Taff, Merthyr Tydfil, Bridgend and Gwent Reflect Team to support women in South Wales.
About Reflect Service
The Reflect Service supports women who have had one or more child(ren) removed through care proceedings and are at high risk of having further children who will be subject to same experience.
- Women, and their partners, will be supported to achieve positive change in their lives to so that they can break this cycle.
- Women will be supported to avoid further involvement in care proceedings and reduce the potential for the removal of future children, through access to holistic practical and therapeutic support.
You will undertake the role of Reflect Worker. Your duties will include:
- Utilising effective communication skills to engage women and building collaborative relationships ensuring their views are included in their plan.
- Gathering, analysing, evaluating and summarising information from women and external agencies to undertake an holistic assessment of their needs.
- Assisting the women to establish goals in an open and participative way.
- Assisting women in identifying strengths, resources and support networks to achieve change.
- Planning and delivering intensive evidence based interventions with women to modify harmful patterns of behaviour, in order to reduce risks and achieve positive outcomes for them.
- Raising the awareness of the need for contraception and liaising with sexual health professionals to access appropriate services.
- Enabling service users to participate in the evaluation and development of the service.
You will have:
- Experience of providing practical support to vulnerable groups.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing therapeutic approaches/tools/models.
- Experience of working in partnership and promoting and representing services.
- Experience of safeguarding vulnerable children and adults.
- Understanding of Reflect and it’s aims/objectives including reference to Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARCS).
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to continued funding and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.
You must demonstrate in your application that you currently use the skills outlined above, and in the Job Description/Person Specifications, or have used them previously in employment, education, training, volunteering etc.
Barnardo’s believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore are open to offering flexible working arrangements.
At Barnardo’s we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo’s is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo’s
- Location: Ely Family Centre
- Contract type: Permanent
- Hours: 22.2
- Salary : £27,814.00 (FTE)
- Closing Date: 4 June 2019
- Interview Date: 13 June 2019