Due to popular demand, we have scheduled four more half-day alcohol awareness and brief intervention sessions at Hartshorn House, Maesteg.
6th September 2019 – 9.30am – 1pm
1st October 2019 – 9.30am – 1pm
Where: Hartshorn House, Neath Road, Maesteg, CF34 9EE
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Accurately calculate the units in speciﬁc measures of alcohol
- Consider the reasons why the over 50s are at risk from alcohol use
- Recognise the impact alcohol can have on the over 50s
- Understand the biological effects of alcohol on the over 50s
- Identify signs and symptoms of alcohol use in the over 50s
- Understand the core principles of an alcohol brief intervention
- Demonstrate the ability to use an alcohol screening tool
- Display ways in which to offer brief advice
If you would like to attend any of the events that are due to take place at Hartshorn House, please click on the following link where registration and bookings take place https://www.drinkwiseagewell-training.org.uk/ems/live/
|Drink Wise, Age Well Training
Drink Wise, Age Well aims to help people make healthier choices about their alcohol use as they age. One way we can do that is supporting those working in our communities and health and social care providers to better recognise and respond to people whose drinking may be causing them harm.
Refreshments will be provided on the day.