The Sydney Albert Children, Young People and Families Fund
The Sydney Albert Children, Young People and Families Fund supports grants up to £250 for members. The group need to be members or apply to be members with the application. The grant is to help the group:
- Develop their capacity to work with more children, young people and families
- Reach out to the most vulnerable to disadvantaged children, young people and families
- Involve and connect children, young people and families the wider community
The Fund is for projects / organisations that are unlikely to be funded by other funders, including:
- The group is not yet constituted or has not previously applied for funding
- The projects is to test out a new idea to see if it works
- A groups needs some extra funding to match funding from elsewhere or their own fundraising
- Projects where the time frame for the project does not allow a group to apply for funding from a main stream funder.
- Occasionally there may be the opportunity to apply for a larger grant for up to £1,000 for exceptional projects.
- A group express an interest by email or phone in the fund or are invited to express an interest by email through firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Community Advice Team discuss whether a group / project meets the simple criteria above. Agreement needs to be unanimous.
- The group are sent the application form and offered support to complete the application.
- The application is checked by the Finance Manager before being submitted to the Chief Executive to sign the purchase order.
- The Chief Executive makes the decision.
- The Support Team administers the grant.
- Grant payment will be provided in advance.
- Grant criteria and conditions are stipulated in the grant offer letter.