RCT Together – Window Of Opportunity – Graig Community Centre
RCT Council have been working with the current tenant who have requested support to sustain their tenancy and ensure the building remains operational for the long term benefit of the community. As a result of recent discussions, we want to propose a number of option through our 30 Day Window Opportunity process.
1) Recruit new trustees to the existing tenant organisation to strengthen and sustain the current lease arrangements.
2) We would like to explore with community/voluntary organisations and social enterprises across RCT whether this building can be utilised as an “Asset of Community Value” and deliver services which meet the needs of the community and/or local Neighbourhood Network.
Priority will be given to those proposals that address the key priorities laid out in RCT Council’s Single Integrated Plan “Delivering Change”, Social Services & Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014 and Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015.
We will provide a “30 day Window of Opportunity” for any community groups wishing to submit an initial expression of interest for the potential leasehold transfer of this building for community use.
Subject to your expression of interest you will then have up to 12 weeks to provide a fully costed Business Plan which will need to evidence that your proposals meets the needs of the community and are both viable and sustainable.
- The 30 Day Window of Opportunity ensures equity of opportunity and fairness to all community groups who may wish to declare an interest.
If you wish to submit an initial Expression of Interest for the following buildings please contact Katie Ennis, Ty Elai, Dinas Esaf East, Williamstown, Tonypandy, RCT CF40 1NY or email RCTtogether@rctcbc.gov.uk before the closing deadline. If you require any further information or support to progress your proposals, please telephone Katie Ennis on 01443 425368 who will be able to advise and signpost to appropriate support agencies.
- Where possible RCT Council will favour complementary and collaborative proposals which demonstrate maximising the use and sustainability of community assets and services.
- CAT Expression of Interest Form March 2016 SESocial Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – http://www.ccwales.org.uk/the-act/
- Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 – http://gov.wales/topics/people-and-communities/people/future-generations-act/?lang=en
- RCT Single Integrated Plan – “Delivering Change”http://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/EN/GetInvolved/Consultations/RelatedDocuments/Singleintegratedplan/DeliveringChangeFullVersion.pdf
RCT Together webpage – http://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/EN/GetInvolved/RCTTogether/RCTTogether.aspx