The Fund will offer grants of £5,000 to £49,999 for projects that meet one or more of the scheme’s 3 themes, with opportunities to apply twice a year, in Spring and Autumn. There will be a one-stage application process for these grants, with detailed guidance and sources of support published on the LDT Communities Scheme Fund website.
Decisions will be announced approximately 8 weeks after the grant submission deadline. Projects funded in 2019-2020 can run for a minimum of 6 months and have a completion date of no later than 30 September 2021
The Autumn main grant round is open from 21 October 2019 for grants between £5,000 to £49,999
Closing date 13 January 2020 for projects beginning no earlier than 8 April 2020
Nationally Significant Grant:
The Fund will also award one larger grant each year for projects of national significance. This Nationally Significant Grant will be from £50,000 up to £250,000 for a project that meets two or more of the Scheme’s three themes.
Applications can be submitted from 30 October.
Closing date 22 January for a project beginning no earlier than 08 April 2020.
Applications will be made through an online grant portal – eTenderWales. Please see eTender Wales information below.
If you submit your application at least two weeks before the grant deadline, we will review the application for eligibility and let you know of any problems so that these can be addressed. We strongly encourage applicants to take advantage of this review service.
Please make note of the deadline for applications, the eTenderWales application form will close at 23:59 on the deadline date. We are unable to accept any applications which do not make the deadline of 13 January 2020.
Please note the name of the main grants application form on eTender Wales is: PQQ: pqq_32863 – Main Grants (£5,000 – £49,999) Application form – Landfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme – Round 4 – October 2019
Please note the name of the Nationally Significant grant application form on eTender Wales is: PQQ: pqq_32883 – 2019 NATIONALLY SIGNIFICANT Grant up to £250,000 – Application – Landfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
Applications will be assessed as to how closely they meet the priorities of the LDT Communities Scheme along with evidence of need for project activities, local community support, the anticipated impact, sustainability, viability and value for money.
Please click here for LDTCS Main Grant Guidance
Please click here for LDTCS Nationally Significant Grant Guidance
There is no requirement for match funding – i.e. grants can fund 100% of project costs – but any match funding that is secured will help demonstrate value for money. Volunteer time can be counted as a source of match funding. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email.
Main grants to successful applicants will be paid 80% upfront and the remaining 20% on completion of the project and submission of a final report.
One grant of National Significance will be awarded, the grant is expected to be paid in three instalments.
Applicants will be not be able to reapply to the Fund during the time than their project is running unless it is to fund a different project in another location or with a different set of activities. Monitoring reports will be required every six months. Successful projects will receive support and guidance as part of their grant offer.