Here is a Model Volunteer Agreement specifically for Covid-19 Community Volunteer Support Groups. For example, it can be posted by your group on your social media page to explain what volunteers can expect and what is expected of them. A welsh language version is also available.
Volunteers are essential to our combined effort as part of (name of group). We hope that we all enjoy volunteering as part of our group and we all feel a part of our team. This agreement tells us all what we can expect from each other. We will support each other and be kind.
We will all do our best to work together to:
- Share information on how we can carry out our roles safely.
- Respect and value each other and the help we give free of charge.
- Put in place things that will help keep us and the people we support safe.
- Be kind and understand that the work that we are all doing can be challenging and upsetting.
- Keep in touch and contact each other by phone, email and/or social media.
- Try to match what people need with our skills and interests.
- Be open to discuss concerns and support anyone who is not satisfied with how their work is organised.
- We will not ask anyone to do what they do not want to do.
- Take any concerns anyone has seriously and look at how we can address those concerns.
- Deal with challenges and differences in a professional and confidential way.
- If we cannot help or are concerned about someone, we will ask for support and advice.
We agree to do our best to:
- We will do our best to be reliable, honest, respectful and kind
- To give as much warning as possible whenever we cannot volunteer as expected
- To follow the groups rules and procedures, including health and safety, keeping people safe and confidentially
To avoid making any negative comments about any individual or the group on social media.