INTERLINK COVID-19 UPDATE: 16 APRIL 2020
Thanks To All The Volunteers Out There
Despite the huge demands on the community and public services, there is increasing coordination of the community support in RCT, a lot of which relies on an incredible volunteer effort – if we were not aware of how important volunteers are, we are now – THANK YOU ALL! We simply could not cope without people giving their time for free to help others.
The NEW Transformation Covid-19 Voluntary Sector Support Fund is NOW OPEN. Please see the NEW INTERLINK FUNDING SHEET: COVID-19
- Interlink Funding Sheet COVID-19 UPDATED 16 APR 20
- NEW! TRANSFORMATION COVID-19 VOLUNTARY SECTOR SUPPORT FUND (SEE BELOW FOR FURTHER DETAILS)
- NEW! VOLUNTARY SERVICES EMERGENCY FUND
- NEW! THIRD SECTOR RESILIENCE FUND
- NEW! NATIONAL LOTTERY NEW APPLICATIONS
Donate goods to help patients in your local NHS – You can buy anything from shampoo to Haribo through the COVID19 Cwm Taf Morgannwg Donation Amazon Wish List https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/1QI/IStEK8KOwp22P
Do you need volunteers?
We still have a bank of volunteers to help, from DBS checked drivers to people wanting to help with phone calls and administration. We have a volunteers available throughout RCT especially in and around Pontypridd. Please email email@example.com
New! Transformation Covid19 Voluntary Sector Support Fund
Due to COVID19 pressures on third sector organisation in particular, the Welsh Government Transformation Programme has been adapted locally by the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Regional Partnership Board to meet ever increasing needs from local communities with a sum of £150,000 has been identified to support voluntary sector organisations to meet the increased demands and pressures during the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications must focus on supporting vulnerable individuals and communities affected by the Coronavirus (Covid-19)pandemic and can be used for smaller capital or revenue expenditure.
Max amount you can apply for is £10,000. This funding must be fully utilised within 6 months. Deadline for applications 30th April 2020. For an application form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priorities for investment:
- Supporting people to access basic needs including supporting foodbanks, especially people in most need e.g. older people, children with complex needs, carers, people with a disability;
- Those living with Dementia;
- Loss of income for groups working in health and social care;
- Mental health, loneliness and isolation; and
- Repurposing activities to support the community through Covid-19 including ICT Infrastructure.
Thanks to all the volunteers out there and everyone who is helping.
Take care, Simon James