A REALLY BIG THANK YOU TO EVERY VOLUNTEER
A big wave and a million love hearts to all the volunteers, formal and informal. Thank you everyone who has been involved!
SUE PERKINS (WOW!), MERTHYR CYNON, RHONNDA AND PONTYPRIDD FOODBANKS; MENS SHED TREORCHY, WELCOME TO OUR WOODS, CITIZENS ADVICE RCT, AGE CONNNECTS MORGANNWG, ELITE, LITTLE LOUNGE, CYNON VALLEY ORGANIC ADVENTURES, SPECTACLE THEATRE, GTFM, CWM TAF MORGANNWG MIND, CANOLFAN PENTRE, VALLEYS KIDS, RHONDDA SEA CADETS; WOMEN’S AID RCT, TREHERBERT BOWLS CLUB, YOUNG FRIENDS OF THE EARTH, TONYREFAIL COMMUNITY NETWORK AND ALL THE LOCAL VOLUNTEERS, ARTS FACTORY, RCT PEOPLE’S FIRST, CAPEL SALEM, LLANAHARAN DROP-IN, VOLFACTOR YOUTH GRANTS PANEL; FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS, WISH UPON A STAR, ARTIS COMMUNITY, DAWN PARKIN, ELERI GRIFFITHS, MAUREEN WEBBER, CHRIS BRYANT, JONATHAN OWEN, ANDREW MORGAN, VIKKI HOWELLS, MIKE POWELL, ALEX DAVIES-JONES, MICK ANTONIW; HELEDD FYCHAN, PAULINE RICHARDS and BAGSY…
If we may, can we say a big thank you to our very own (or is she everyone’s?) Elizabeth ‘Buffy’ Williams for all her exceptional work – with the help of friends, colleagues and family – putting our Volunteers Week campaign together for us.
Thank-you for the latest message from Cllr Andrew Morgan and the support provided through the Council.
(NB. Please let us know if we have missed you out – we will get you on the list!)
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN – THE REALLY BIG RCT VOLUNTEERING CELEBRATION
Now we need your help to value and identify all the volunteers and groups that have helped people and communities across RCT through Covid-19 – the most amazing group of volunteers and organisations ever assembled in RCT. Further details will follow as we come out of Covid-19 lock-down.
We are looking for you to start nominating! We want you to nominate the fantastic groups and volunteers working throughout RCT – don’t be shy if you do not tell us, we will find you – we know who you are! Anyone can nominate. You can nominate a groups of volunteers all at once and/or tell us about individual volunteers who may have overcome lots of challenges or helped to support someone, a community, coordinate a street or group. Please start nominating a volunteer or a group today! Please email: email@example.com
CAPTURE THE WORK OF VOLUNTEERS THROUGH COVID-19
We are looking for help from all the local photographic groups and filmmakers out there – we need to capture the photographs and stories of volunteers, and the people they have supported through Covid-19 – can you help us? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01443 846200.
REALLY BIG LISTENING CAMPAIGN – GET ON BOARD
We are soon to embark on our REALLY BIG LISTENING CAMPAIGN to look at how we can learn from Covid-19 and how to prepare for the future. Do you want to get involved collect experiences of Covid-19?
Please email email@example.com or call 01443 846200.
Welsh Government and NHS Wales announcements
- Written Statement: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Shielding Update – Shielding after 15 June (Health Minister) (4 June)
- “Check in, Catch Up, Prepare for summer and September” – all schools in Wales to enter next phase (Press release) (3 June)
- Test, Trace, Protect; what do you need to do? (Guidance) (2 June) What you need to do to help contact tracing control the spread of coronavirus
- Leaving home to exercise: guidance (Guidance) (2 June – update) Guidance on regulation 8 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (Wales) Regulations 2020
- Test, Trace, Protect: guidance for employers (Guidance) (2 June) Employers’ responsibilities to help with coronavirus testing and contact tracing
- Written Statement: Launch of The Young Person’s Mental Health Toolkit (1 June)
- Contact tracing: your questions (Guidance) (1 June) Explains how contact tracing is being used to control the spread of coronavirus
- Getting food and essential supplies during the coronavirus pandemic (Guidance) (1 June – update) How you can get food and essential supplies if you are shielding, self-isolating or a critical worker
- Coronavirus regulations: frequently asked questions (Guidance) (1 June – update) What you and businesses can and cannot do during the outbreak and what happens if you break these new laws
- CMO letter to extremely vulnerable people: support explained: Information for people who have been identified as being at a very high risk of severe illness from coronavirus. (1 June update)
- Help for the vulnerable from voluntary organisations: (Guidance, webpage) How to ask your local volunteer centre for help during the coronavirus pandemic. (1 June – update).
It is not all over yet – we have 2 days to go – please keep the message going over the weekend #volunteersweek #volunteeringismybag
Keep safe, keep well and thanks again for sharing, it has been wonderful to share such positivity and kindness in such sad at times. It has shown us close- knit communities, with volunteers working together, will get us through this.