What is the Mental Health Forum?
The Forum is a syndicate of voluntary sector mental health organisations working in Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil.
Bringing together the mental health voluntary sector, statutory sector, and local health board to enhance partnership working and co-production. The Mental Health forum welcomes any voluntary sector group which provides a service to adults who may be experiencing mental health problems or any organisation with a special interest in mental health within RCT and MT.
The forum is hosted by Interlink and facilitated by the Mental Health Development Officer.
The aims of the Forum are:
- Be a focal point for mental health organisations working locally.
- Influence positive change in service developments
- Debate local issues and act in the best interest of the mental health community.
- Promote mental health awareness.
- Promote quality standards in service provision and good practice in mental health.
This is achieved through
- Promote partnership working and co-production.
- Engaging in consultation for the enhancement of mental health services.
- Representation of the voluntary sector at joint planning.
- Support and enhance the delivery of local mental health services.
- Dissemination of information via e-bulletin, websites and an online service directory www.mentalhealthsupport.co.uk
- Raising public awareness via press releases and promotional events.
- Sharing good practice on mental health related issues and signposting.
- Providing quality training for voluntary and statutory organisations.
- Encouraging and developing service user and carer involvement in training.
- Mapping and identifying gaps in the provision of day services.
- Contributing to the development of new or improved services.
- Social Enterprise
World Mental Health Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwe4xyFp1Q
Getting Porth Connected Project : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3pjGiBipQ&feature=youtu.be