‘Working with and connecting individuals, communities and organisations’
We are here to support you and your group develop the knowledge and skills you need. So if you think you or your group might benefit from training, we will be able to help. We run open courses or put on individual courses for small groups, depending on what suits you best and will design a course specifically for you!
We offer a wide range of training with our most popular courses being:
Engagement and Participation Volunteer recruitment and management
Business Planning Managing your organisation
Health and Safety Funding Managing People
Finance and budgeting Monitoring and Evaluation
Interlink are able to assist with skill sharing or provide bespoke training on all Microsoft packages.
Here is a list of our up and coming Training:
Accounts – Hot Topics
Date: 4 May 2018
Time: 9:30 am to 11:30 am
Cost: £20, £40
Trainer: Claire Thompson
Claire has been with Broomfield & Alexander since 2007 undertaking work including accounts preparation and audit. She has chosen to specialise within our charities and Not-for-Profit department, and is now our Charities and Not-for-Profit Manager. Claire’s specialism provides a high quality and cost effective service to our charitable clients. Claire is an active member of our Charities Team and she also keeps abreast of charitable financial issues through technical training courses.
Date: 10 May 2018
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Venue: Ferndale School, Maerdy
This 2 day course will cover:
- Definitions of peer mentoring including fears and expectations as a peer mentor / mentee.
- Listening skills – discussion on how to be an active listener with a participative activity.
- Confidentiality and its limits, data protection and a brief mention on protection of vulnerable adults – with follow up training.
- Breaking down barriers to participation and encouraging mentees to get involved – brick wall participative activity. Bring in equality issues here including potential basic skills support.
- Ways of mentoring – in person, setting up a virtual online group. Including the risks to mentoring via social media and how to protect yourself. (dedicated times of day, language, online etiquette etc).
- Develop a Facebook peer mentoring group – write the group description together and agree terms and conditions for the group. Also agree admin roles.
- Group work and discussion point – Practical scenarios – what would you do if… Cover potential issues and problems that may arise within peer mentoring here with solutions.
Meet the Governance: Essential Training for Trustees & Directors
Date: 16 May 2018
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Venue: Glyncoch Community Centre
Cost: £20, £40
Trainer: Ken Moon
This training explains the key duties of all trustees/directors of organisations in the voluntary sector, and what trustees need to do to carry out these duties competently. Trustees have independent control over, and legal responsibility for, a charity’s management and administration. They play a very important role, almost always unpaid, in a sector that contributes significantly to the character and wellbeing of the country.
Trusteeship can be rewarding for many reasons – from a sense of making a difference to the charitable cause, to new experiences and relationships. It’s also likely to be demanding of your time, skills, knowledge and abilities. Being aware of the duties and responsibilities covered in this training will help you carry out your role in a way that not only serves your charity well but also gives you confidence that you will be complying with key requirements of the law.
Date: 12 June 2018
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
This course is designed for people to give them the minimum knowledge required in carrying out emergency first aid. The course meets the care standard requirements of an appointed person.
Date: 21 & 28 June 2018
Time: 11:00 am to 2:30 pm
SEE ABOVE FOR COURSE CONTENT
Date: 2 July 2018
Time: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Trainer: Maria Abson
SEE ABOVE FOR COURSE CONTENT
Writing Better Bids
Date: 10 July 2018
Time: 10:00am – 12:30pm
Trainer: Joanna Markham
For community Groups & organisations looking for and applying for funding
The training covers:
- What grant funding is
- What funders are looking for from you and how you
show funders you are competent
- What you need to put in place before applying
- How you evidence the need in your project
- What a good application looks like
To book a place at any of our training events, telephone 01443 846200 or e-mail email@example.com.
Quick Links …